G Is for Grilled Grapey Cheese Sandwich
Preschoolers can be pretty adventurous when it comes to inventing unusual taste sensations.
This recipe from my ABC Snacks Series lets your little one combine two kid favorites—grilled cheese and grapes—into one delicious sandwich.
Your kids will definitely need a bit of help from mom or dad with the grilling part, but little hands can help spread the softened butter on the bread and place sliced cheese and grapes between the bread slices.
How adventurous is your little one?
I dare you to give this one a try … you might be surprised at what a delicious combination grilled cheese and grapes can be!
Grilled Grapey Cheese Sandwich
Here’s what you’ll need to make one sandwich:
- 2 slices white or wheat bread
- 1-2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1-2 slices American, cheddar, Swiss, or Muenster cheese
- 3-4 grapes, sliced
- Spread one tablespoon of butter on each slice of bread.
- Lay one slice of bread, butter-side down, on a small skillet. Place one cheese slice on top of bread.
- Arrange sliced grapes evenly over sliced cheese.
- Add remaining cheese, if desired, and top with remaining bread slice, butter-side up.
- Grill both sides of sandwich until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown and crispy.
- Experiment with a variety of cheeses, breads, and fruits or veggies.
Want More Snacks for Letter G?
Find snacks for letter G and more with the ABC Snacks Cookbooks series that includes more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!