What goes together better than peanut butter, cocoa, and bananas? We can’t think of a better combination—and we think your little monkeys will be nodding between gulps of chocolatey goodness!
We’re just bananas over this Gorilla Gulp milkshake. It’s packed with vitamin C and protein, and with no added sugar, it’s a great option for a snack or even a light lunch!
While this shake is delicious as is, you can make it absolutely irresistable with an added squirt of whipped cream and a few mini chocolate chips. And don’t forget to coat some banana slices with cocoa and add it to the rim of the glass for an extra fun garnish!
Don’t miss the rest of our kid-friendly snacks. We have one for every letter of the alphabet in my ABC Snacks Series.
Gorilla Gulp Shake
Here’s what you’ll need to make two servings:
- 2 cups milk
- 3 bananas
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 cubes of ice
- whipped cream (optional)
- mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Chop the bananas into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces.
- Set a few banana slices aside to garnish glasses.
- Add milk, remaining bananas slices, cocoa, peanut butter, and ice to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie mixture, dividing evenly between 2 glass.
- Roll extra banana slices in cocoa. Cut a slit in each banana slice and slide two slices onto the rim of each glass.
- If desired, add a dollop of whipped cream and a few mini chocolate chips to the top of each serving.
- While you’re savoring your smoothie, say /g/–/g/–gorilla gulp together.
- For some finger-licking fun, spread a thin layer of cocoa on a flat pan or plate. Write the letter G in the topping with your finger.
- While you drink your Gorilla Gulp, read about a somewhat naughty gorilla in Goodnight Gorilla!
- Download ABC Snacks: Tips for Working on Pre-Reading Skills for more teaching tips.
Want More Snacks that Start with G?
For snacks that start with G and many more, get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!
Photo credit: Heidi Hess