J Is for Juicy Jiggly Cups
This winning combination of kid favorites is sure to be a hit with your little ones (and with your not-so-little-ones, too)!
Juicy Jiggly Cups are made with 100% fruit and fruit juice, so they’re not only refreshingly yummy on a hot summer day, they’re healthy too.
And since kids love to help with the preparations for this jiggly treat, be sure to let them help with as many of the steps as possible.
There are more than 50 snack recipes in my ABC Snacks Series, so if you enjoyed this one, why not try a few of the others?
How many ABC Snacks have you made with your preschooler?
Juicy Jiggly Cups
Here’s what you’ll need to make four cups of jiggly fun:
- 4 12-ounce clear cups, glass or plastic
- 4 cups 100% apple juice
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 ½ cups pears, cut into bite-size chunks
- Heat three cups of juice in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle gelatin into a small bowl with remaining cup of juice.
- When juice comes to a boil, remove from heat and stir into gelatin/juice mixture with a whisk. Mix until gelatin dissolves.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Pour cooled mixture into clear cups.
- Refrigerate again for one to two hours. Test thickness by dropping a pear chunk into one of the cups. If the pear drops to the bottom of the cup, refrigerate cups a little longer. If the pear floats in the gelatin, move to the next step.
- Stir a handful of pear chunks into each cup of gelatin.
- Refrigerate until firm.
To add a splash of taste and color, try using other fruits and/or juices in this recipe, like one of these combinations.
- White grape juice and green grapes
- Purple grape juice and sliced bananas
- Cranberry juice and strawberries
Want More Snacks for Letter J?
Find snacks for letter J and more with the ABC Snacks Cookbooks series that includes more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!