Let’s go fly a kite, up to the highest height!
Let’s go fly a kite, and send it soaring!
When the breezy days of spring or autumn arrive and the sun is shining, it’s the perfect time to fly a kite.
But what if it’s raining outside or the wind isn’t blowing?
No problem…you can fly this kooky kite right in your very own kitchen.
In fact, this ABC Snacks recipe is more than a snack—it’s lunch!
We’ve taken pretty standard lunchtime ingredients, including a sandwich, fruit, and veggies, and put them together in a way that your preschooler is going to adore. It certainly looks like Corbin and Emma are happy with their kites!
Kooky Kite Lunch
Here’s what you’ll need to make one kooky kite lunch:
- 2 slices of sandwich bread
- your favorite sandwich filling
- 1 piece of string cheese
- 1 navel orange
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 carrot
- Make a sandwich using your favorite sandwich filling.
- Slice the corners off the sandwich to form the shape of a kite.
- Cut a thick slice from the center of a navel orange.
- Slice a stalk of celery into 8-10 long, thin strips.
- Cut a carrot into 8-10 thin strips.
- Pull apart a piece of string cheese to create two short and one long string.
- Place the sandwich near the top of the plate. Add cheese strings to create kite ribs and kite string.
- Position the orange and carrot strips to form the sun.
- Position the celery to form grass.
Want More Snacks that Start with K?
For snacks that start with K and many more, get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!