L Is for Lickety-Split Lemon Squares
If your kids love the summery-fresh taste of lemonade, they’re going to love these lemonade-inspired squares. Many of the recipes in our series are designed to serve 1-2 children. But our Lickety-split Lemonade Squares will serve a crowd!
These sweet no-bake bars are flavored with frozen lemonade concentrate for a taste sensation reminiscent of a summer lemonade stand.
And the best part is that these Lickety-Split Lemonade Squares will mix up…well, lickety-split! We had three willing helpers make a big batch of squares to share with their friends. It’s the perfect treat for a summer picnic or pool party!
Don’t miss the rest of my kid-friendly snacks. We have one for every letter of the alphabet in my ABC Snacks Series.
Lickety-Split Lemonade Squares
Here’s what you’ll need to make nine lemonade squares:
- 18 graham cracker squares, honey or plain, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 quart vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 6-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate
- ¾ cup whipped topping
- Colorful sprinkles
- In a small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into an 8” or 9” square baking pan.
- With a mixer, blend together frozen yogurt and lemonade concentrate in a large bowl.
- Spread frozen yogurt mixture evenly over graham cracker crust.
- Freeze until firm, approximately four hours.
- Spread with whipped topping and decorate with colored sprinkles.
- For a healthier version, substitute low-fat vanilla yogurt.
- Use pink lemonade concentrate for a slightly different look and taste.
- Garnish with lemon zest.
Adapted from Kraft Recipes
- While you’re savoring your lemonade squares, say /l/–/l/–lickety-split lemonade together.
- For some finger-licking fun, spread a thin layer of whipped topping on a flat pan or plate. Write the letter L in the topping with your finger. Lick fingers and repeat.
- Drink some lemonade, or just read about it in Maisy Makes Lemonade.
- Download ABC Snacks: Tips for Working on Pre-Reading Skills for more teaching tips.
Want More Snacks that Start with L?
For snacks that start with L and many more, get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!