A shy koala is perched high atop this delightful lowercase K craft, and she’s waiting patiently to learn letter K with your child! Get ready to be charmed by her fluffy ears and her big black nose.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 2 sheets of printer paper
- Card stock (we used green, gray, pink, and white)
- K Is for Koala Craft templates
- Glue stick, black marker, and scissors
- 2 googly eyes
Instructions for Assembling Your Lowercase K Craft
- Print the K Is for Koala Craft templates.
- Cut out the templates and trace the letter K and the koala body parts onto card stock.
- Cut out the letter K and koala pieces.
- Glue the letter K onto a full sheet of card stock (we used green, but you can use any color you like).
- Attach the head to the top edge of the letter K.
- Glue the inner ears to the outer ears, lining up the straight edges.
- Tuck the ears under the sides of the koala’s head and glue in place.
- Affix the tummy patch and nose to the letter K.
- Glue 2 googly eyes alongside the koala’s nose.
- Use a black marker to draw the koala’s mouth.
Learning with Your Letter K Craft
As you and your child assemble your K Is for Koala Craft, practice saying /k/–/k/–koala together. You can find more tips for working on pre-reading skills with your preschooler in this handy download.
We would LOVE to see how your lowercase K craft turns out! Please share your photos with us on our Facebook page, or tag your Instagram photos with the hashtag #allaboutABCcrafts!
Want More ABC Crafts?
Free Lowercase ABC Letter Crafts
For crafts that start with lowercase letters A through Z, get the complete printable set of ABC Craft for Lowercase Letters.
Free Uppercase ABC Letter Crafts
For crafts that start with uppercase letters A through Z, get the complete printable set of ABC Craft for Uppercase Letters.
Photos by: Rachel Neumann