If you have wiggly little ones, this week’s ABC Craft is perfect for you. Your squigglers will love learning all about the letter W with our wriggly worm letter craft—that is, if they can catch him!
Here’s What You’ll Need
Instructions for Assembling Your Letter W Craft
- Print the W Is for Worm Craft templates.
- Cut out the templates and trace the letter W and the worm’s head and mouth onto card stock.
- Cut out the letter W and the worm’s head and mouth.
- Attach the letter W to a full sheet of card stock (we used green, but you can use any color you like).
- Glue the worm’s head to one end of the letter W.
- Glue the worm’s mouth to the worm’s head.
- Affix two googly eyes to the worm’s head.
- Draw the worm’s segments with a marker as shown in the example on the template.
Learning with Your Letter W Craft
As you and your child assemble your W Is for Worm Craft, practice saying /w/–/w/–worm together. You can find more tips for working on pre-reading skills with your preschooler in this handy download.
We would LOVE to see how your ABC Crafts turn out! Please share your photos with us on our Facebook page, or tag your Instagram photos with the hashtag #allaboutABCcrafts!
Want More ABC Crafts?
For crafts that start with uppercase letters A through Z, get the complete printable set of ABC Craft for Uppercase Letters.