N Is for Nutty Apple Nachos
Here’s a wholesome twist on a classic snack that will have your kids clamoring for more.
Nutty Butter Apple Nachos provides a winning combination of crisp apples, smooth nut butter, crunchy granola, and chocolate chips that will make it a major win for moms and preschoolers alike.
Have a picky eater? No problem! Just use one of the many suggested variations to make a treat that will suit the taste of even your pickiest snacker.
And be sure to check out all the snacks in my ABC Snacks Series. Our snack series has more than fifty alphabet-inspired snacks for you to enjoy with your preschooler.
Nutty Butter Apple Nachos
Here’s what you’ll need to make one plate of “nachos”:
- 2 apples, any variety, washed and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- 4 tablespoons granola, any variety
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Melt nut butter in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Arrange apple slices on a plate.
- Drizzle melted nut butter over apple slices.
- Sprinkle granola over warm nut butter.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over apple nachos.
- Use any variety of apples, pears, or even bananas.
- Mix it up by adding caramel, Nutella®, melted chocolate, or marshmallow fluff to your favorite nut butter before drizzling.
- Double the fun! Drizzle chocolate, caramel, butterscotch, or another topping over the melted nut butter.
- Skip the granola and chocolate chips and garnish with other toppings like nuts, butterscotch chips, toffee candy bits, or chocolate sprinkles.
Adapted from A Nest in the Rocks
Want More Snacks that Start with N?
For snacks that start with N and many more, get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!