Summer brings long sun-soaked days, but it also brings the celebration of the red, white, and blue. That’s right!
The Fourth of July is just around the corner!
We’ve gathered up two great snacks just for the occasion. What better way to celebrate a holiday than with some tasty treats? And these snacks are packed with healthy ingredients and ripe berries. Each snack is also paired with some great teaching tips and picture books perfect for read-alouds.
So while you’re out grabbing goodies to celebrate the Fourth this year, don’t forget to pick up the ingredients for the recipes below. These patriotic ABC Snacks are the perfect complement to your Independence Day celebrations!
2 Fruity Independence Day Snacks!
With sweet crunchy layers of red, white, and blue fruit, our pretty parfait honors American heritage while feeding your tummy.
Pretty Patriotic Parfait
Here’s what you’ll need to make one pretty parfait:
- 3 large strawberries, sliced
- ½ banana, sliced
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ½ cup granola
- In a small clear glass, layer sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, ¼ cup granola, yogurt, and blueberries.
- Top with remaining granola.
- Dig in!
Teaching Tips for Letter P
- While creating your parfait, say /p/–/p/–patriotic parfait together.
- Before adding the blueberries to your parfait, use them to form the letter P.
- While enjoying your yummy parfait, read about a familiar bear in Corduroy’s 4th of July.
Turn your Independence Day breakfast into a celebration of the history and heritage of the United States with these fruity flags.
Fantastic Fruity Flags
Here’s what you’ll need to make one flag:
- 1 slice of bread, toasted
- 2-3 tablespoons soft cream cheese
- 1 banana, halved and sliced
- 2-3 strawberries, halved and sliced
- 4-6 blueberries
- Spread cream cheese on toasted bread.
- Place blueberries in the upper righthand corner of the toast to make stars.
- Place banana and strawberry slices in alternating rows to make stripes.
Teaching Tips for Letter F
- While creating your flag, say /f/–/f/–fantastic fruity flags together.
- Before adding the blueberries to your toast, use them to form the letter F.
- While enjoying your fruity flag, read about The Pledge of Allegiance.
Want More ABC Snacks?
Get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!