Z Is for Zany Zucchini Muffins
Your preschooler may turn his nose up at the mention of vegetables, but this delicious recipe might just change his mind!
Because this ABC snack is made with grated zucchini, chunks of apple, and a dash of apple juice, these Zany Zucchini Muffins aren’t just scrumptious, they’re good for you, too.
And just imagine your preschooler’s delight when he finds a sweet and unexpected treat right in the middle of his Zany Zucchini Muffin!
Z may be the last letter in the alphabet, but this is not the last snack in my ABC Snacks Series! We have more than 50 ABC snack recipes for you to make with your little one, so be sure to check them all out.
Zany Zucchini Muffins
Here’s what you’ll need to make 16-18 zucchini muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- ½ cup vegetable, canola, or coconut oil
- Chocolate chips
- Paper muffin cups (optional)
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or insert muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt.
- Stir grated zucchini and apple into dry mixture.
- In a second bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla, apple juice, and oil.
- Stir wet mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups half full with batter.
- Place two or three chocolate chips in the center of the muffin.
- Spoon remaining batter over the chocolate chips, filling each cup to the top.
- Bake muffins at 350° for 20 minutes.
Adapted from Try It You Might Like It
Want More Snacks that Start with Z?
For snacks that start with Z and many more, get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!