Z Is for Zany Zucchini Muffins
Your preschooler may turn his nose up at the mention of vegetables, but this delicious recipe might just change his mind!
While it’s true these muffins are filled with a healthy serving of zucchini, they also feature chunks of apple and a dash of apple juice! So these fruit and veggie based muffins aren’t just scrumptious, they’re good for you, too.
The letter Z may be the last letter in the alphabet, but this is definitely not the last snack in our ABC Snacks Series!
Our series features more than 55 ABC snack recipes for you to make with your little one–that’s more than 2 tasty snacks for every letter of the alphabet. And you’re not going to want to miss out on a single one!
Zany Zucchini Muffins
Here’s what you’ll need to make 16-18 zucchini muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- ½ cup vegetable, canola, or coconut oil
- Paper muffin cups (optional)
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or insert muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt.
- Stir grated zucchini and apple into dry mixture.
- In a second bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla, apple juice, and oil.
- Stir wet mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake muffins at 350° for 20 minutes.
Adapted from Try It You Might Like It
Want More Snacks that Start with Z?
For snacks that start with Z and many more, get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!
Photo credit: Mila Kharik