The king of the jungle is roaring his way into your ABC Craft lineup this week! But don’t worry, this lion is really just a big pussycat. His roar is much bigger than his bite!
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 2 sheets of printer paper
- Card stock (we used yellow, orange, and dark blue)
- L Is for Lion Craft templates
- 2 “googly” eyes
- Glue stick
- Pencil and marker
Instructions for Assembling Your Letter L Craft
- Print the L Is for Lion Craft templates.
- Cut out the templates and trace the letter L and the lion pieces onto card stock.
- Cut out the letter L and the lion pieces.
- Glue the letter L and the lion’s head, feet, and tail onto a full sheet of card stock (we used dark blue, but you can use any color you like) to form a lion.
- Affix two googly eyes to the lion’s head.
- Use a black marker to draw the lion’s nose and mouth details.
Learning with Your Letter L Craft
As you and your child assemble your L Is for Lion Craft, practice saying /l/–/l/–lion together. You can find more tips for working on pre-reading skills with your preschooler in this handy download.
We would LOVE to see how your ABC Crafts turn out! Please share your photos with us on our Facebook page, or tag your Instagram photos with the hashtag #allaboutABCcrafts!
Want More ABC Crafts?
For crafts that start with uppercase letters A through Z, get the complete printable set of ABC Craft for Uppercase Letters.