Slither into phonological fun with another fantastic ABC Craft! All you need is a pair of sssscissors and some ssssticky sssstuff to assssemble our sssstripey ssssnake!
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 2 sheets of printer paper
- Card stock (we used light blue, green, red, and lime green)
- S Is for Snake Craft templates
- 2 “googly” eyes
- Glue stick
- Pencil and marker
Instructions for Assembling Your Letter S Craft
- Print and cut out the S Is for Snake Craft templates.
- Cut out the templates and trace the letter S and the snake head, scales, and tongue onto card stock.
- Cut out the letter S and the snake body parts.
- Glue the letter S onto a full sheet of card stock (we used light blue, but you can use any color you like).
- Attach the scales to the letter S.
- Add the head to the top of the letter S and glue the tongue under the edge of the snake’s head.
- Affix two googly eyes to the snake’s head.
- Draw the snake’s nostrils with a marker.
Learning with Your Letter S Craft
As you and your child assemble your S Is for Snake Craft, practice saying /s/–/s/–snake together. You can find more tips for working on pre-reading skills with your preschooler in this handy download.
We would LOVE to see how your ABC Crafts turn out! Please share your photos with us on our Facebook page, or tag your Instagram photos with the hashtag #allaboutABCcrafts!
Want More ABC Crafts?
For crafts that start with uppercase letters A through Z, get the complete printable set of ABC Craft for Uppercase Letters.