P Is for Peaceful Pond Bites
Here’s an adorable snack that will let your child’s creative juices flow.
These Peaceful Pond Bites from my ABC Snacks Series are healthy, delicious, and so much fun to make—a winning combination for active preschoolers.
But one of the best things about this snack is that it’s easy enough for your preschooler to prepare from beginning to end.
Just gather all the ingredients and let your little ones get to work creating and eating their own peaceful fish pond bites.
It’s a hands-on craft and a delicious snack all rolled into one!
Peaceful Pond Bites
Here’s what you’ll need to make three pond bites:
- 3 small popped rice cakes, any savory flavor
- 3 tablespoons soft (or whipped) cream cheese or hummus
- Blue food coloring or a natural food dye (see below)
- 8-10 goldfish crackers
- Veggies and herbs such as broccoli, celery, chives, parsley, green, yellow, or red bell peppers, etc.
- Mix one drop of blue food coloring into whipped cream cheese.
- Spread one tablespoon of blue cream cheese on each popped rice snack.
- Press one or two goldfish crackers into the cream cheese on each “pond.”
- Add plants to your pond by pressing vegetables and/or herbs into the cream cheese.
- Color cream cheese or hummus with a natural blue food dye (https://wholenewmom.com/recipes/natural-blue-food-coloring-dye-just-in-time-for-easter/) or eliminate food coloring completely.
- For a sweet version of this snack, use a sweet popped rice cake with 5 tablespoons whipped cream instead of cream cheese. Garnish with multicolor gummy fish instead of goldfish crackers.
Want More Snacks for Letter P?
Find snacks for letter P and more with the ABC Snacks Cookbooks series that includes more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!
Photo credit: @_ourlittlehomeschool_