Q Is for Quick & Quirky Quesadillas
One of my favorite recipes in the ABC Snacks Series is Quick & Quirky Quesadillas.
This delicious recipe is perfect to make for a mid-afternoon snack or as a filling lunch.
But these are no ordinary quesadillas.
I’ve added a quirky twist to this traditionally Mexican snack classic: they’re really personal-sized pizzas dressed up in quesadilla’s clothing!
And the best part?
These somewhat quirky quesadillas are quick and easy to create and delicious to eat. And they make a great snack for preschoolers and even for the whole family!
Quick & Quirky Quesadillas
Here’s what you’ll need to make one quirky quesadilla:
- 2 10” tortillas
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 ounce grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices of pepperoni
- Cooking spray
- Fry pepperoni in medium-sized skillet until crispy. Remove from skillet and set aside. Wipe skillet with paper towel.
- Place one tortilla on a plate and spread two tablespoons of pizza sauce on it.
- Sprinkle half of grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top of sauce.
- Arrange fried pepperoni on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over pepperoni and cover with remaining tortilla.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Carefully place quesadilla in skillet and cook three to four minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned and crispy.
- Use only mozzarella cheese.
- Instead of pepperoni, use your favorite pizza topping.
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- While you’re building your quesadilla, say /kw/–/kw/–quick and quirky together.
- With a clean finger, write a Q in the pizza sauce on your tortilla before adding the cheese.
- While eating your quesadilla, look for other great kids’ recipes in “C” Is for Cooking.
- Download ABC Snacks: Tips for Working on Pre-Reading Skills for more teaching tips.
Want More Snacks that Start with Q?
For snacks that start with Q and many more, get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!