Looking for a cool, refreshing treat that doesn’t take a lot of time to make? We have the perfect ABC Snacks recipe for you to enjoy on a hot summer day!
Kids love creating their own snack and this one is easy for kids and parents alike.
Simply slice an orange, some strawberries, and a few blackberries or blueberries and place them in bowls. When snacktime arrives, your kids can assemble their own sunny snack. Pair this snack with our teaching tips at the bottom of this post for an extra special summer treat. It’s learning and fun–all in one!
Made entirely of fruit, this sunny summer snack is fun to make and good to eat. This yummy treat will be sure to bring a smile to your child’s face!
Sunny Summer Smiles
Here’s what you’ll need to make one sunny snack:
- 1 thick slice of navel orange
- 2-3 large strawberries, sliced
- 2-3 blackberries or blueberries
- Place navel orange slice in center of plate.
- To create sun’s rays, arrange strawberry slices around orange slice.
- Create a sunny smile with slices of blackberry or whole blueberries.
- As you and your child assemble this snack, practice saying /s/–/s/–sunny smile together.
- Before creating your sunny smile, practice making the letter S with blackberries, blueberries, or strawberry slices.
- Help Puddle cheer up his friend Toot on a warm summer day in You Are My Sunshine.
- Download ABC Snacks: Tips for Working on Pre-Reading Skills for more teaching tips.
- Make snacks for every letter of the alphabet with my ABC Snacks series!
Want More Snacks for Letter S?
Find snacks for letter S and more with the ABC Snacks Cookbooks series that includes more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!