B Is for Bobbing Banana Boy
Just in time for summer, here’s a refreshing ABC Snacks recipe that is as fun to create as it is to eat. Better yet, it’s healthy, too!
What’s your favorite way to beat the summer heat? If your answer is a relaxing float in the pool … we couldn’t agree more!
But if it’s not quite warm enough for a swim where you live, don’t worry. You and your preschooler can do some pretend splashing around while assembling our Bobbing Banana Boy snack!
While munching on yummy berries, your preschooler will have a blast getting this banana prepared for a day at the pool. Are you ready for a dip? Go ahead and dive right in, but don’t forget your floaties!
Bobbing Banana Boy
Here’s what you’ll need to make one banana snack:
- 1 banana
- 2 thick pineapple rings
- Pretzel sticks
- 1 raspberry
- 1 red or purple grape
- 1 strawberry top
- Stack pineapple rings on plate.
- Slice the banana in half and rest one banana half in the center of the pineapple rings.
- Arrange blueberries around the pineapple rings.
- Create arms with two pretzel sticks.
- Cut a raspberry in half and place one half on each arm to create floaties.
- Create a mouth with a small piece of raspberry.
- Attach two thin grape slices with toothpicks (if needed) to form sunglasses
- Create hair with the top of a strawberry.
- As you create your summery snack with your child, practice saying /b/–/b/–bobbing banana boy together.
- How many words can your preschooler think of that start with the sound of /b/?
- Help a cute mouse get ready for the pool in the interactive book Maisy Goes Swimming.
- Download ABC Snacks: Tips for Working on Pre-Reading Skills for more teaching tips.
Want More Snacks for B?
Find snacks for the letter B and more with the ABC Snacks Cookbook series that includes more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!