SH Is for Shamrocks & Sherbet
If you’re looking for a tasty way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, these colorful, easy-to-create snacks just might be the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow!
Everyone knows that leprechauns love silly shenanigans, so don’t be surprised if silliness ensues while your little leprechauns make and eat this yummy ABC Snack.
Instead of just one recipe, we’ve got double the fun for you! These crispy green shamrock chips and refreshing green sherbet float will have you kicking up your heels and dancing a jig as you celebrate the “wearin’ o’ the green” with your preschooler!
Here’s hoping that your little one has as this preschooler did!
SH Is for Shamrock Chips
Here’s what you’ll need to make 10-12 shamrock chips:
- Shamrock-shaped cookie cutter
- 1-2 large (green) spinach tortillas or wraps
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup hummus or your favorite chip dip
- Cut shamrocks from spinach tortillas with cookie cutter.
- Lay shamrocks and leftover pieces of tortilla on a baking sheet.
- Brush pieces with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and your favorite herbs or seasonings.
- Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve with your dip.
SH Is for Sherbet Float
Here’s what you’ll need to make one sherbet float:
- 2 scoops lime sherbet
- 8-12 ounces lime soda
- Lime slices
- Maraschino cherries
- Add two scoops of lime sherbet to tall drinking glass.
- Pour 8-12 ounces of lime soda over sherbet.
- If desired, decorate with lime slices and maraschino cherries.
Want More Snacks that Start with SH?
For snacks that start with SH and many more, get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!
Photo credit: @_ourlittlehomeschool_