V Is for Very Valentine-y Pizza
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and we’ve cooked up a lovely heart-shaped snack for you and your favorite Valentine!
Kids love pizza, and this pizza is extra special. Not only will your preschooler enjoy creating and eating his very own Valentine-y pizza, he’ll also have a ton of fun learning the letter V.
If you’re looking for more fun alphabet activities for your preschooler, we’ve got an entire alphabet full of snacks to choose from in my ABC Snacks Series.
And if you’re looking for more Valentine’s Day fun, don’t miss our Friendship Picture Book Reviews and an extra special Valentine’s gift!
Very Valentine-y Pizza
Here’s what you’ll need to make this snack for one child:
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Using scissors, cut tortilla into heart shape.
- Cut pepperoni slices into heart shapes.
- Spread pizza sauce on tortilla.
- Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese over sauce.
- Place 4-6 slices of pepperoni on each pizza.
- Place pizzas on cookie sheet and bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish pizzas with veggies or olives instead of pepperoni.
- Use white sauce instead of pizza sauce.
Adapted from Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons
- As you and your child assemble your valentine-y pizza, practice saying /v/–/v/–very Valentine-y together.
- Can your preschooler “write” the letter V on a plate with pizza sauce? Have you ever noticed that you can easily turn a V into a heart?
- Read about Cornelia Augusta and The Day it Rained Hearts!
- Download ABC Snacks: Tips for Working on Pre-Reading Skills for more teaching tips.
Want More Snacks that Start with V?
For snacks that start with V and many more, get the entire series of ABC Snacks Cookbooks with more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!
Photo credit: Heidi Hess
This book is great. My grandchildren and their friends love coming over on the 5th of each month to see what the snack is for the month and getting to make their own.