V Is for Veggie Face Pizza
Getting preschoolers to eat vegetables isn’t always easy.
But kids love pizza and the Vivacious Veggie Face Pizza recipe from my ABC Snacks Series will help make eating veggies more fun, even for your pickiest eaters.
Moms will like the healthy ingredients and easy, kid-friendly preparation. And kids will enjoy creating and eating their very own custom veggie face. Get creative—and may the best face win the taste test!
If your children enjoyed making our veggie pizza faces, maybe they will enjoy making some fun edible faces with some of our other ABC Snacks, too.
Here are a few more fun faces you can try: Dynamic Dads, Excellent Egg Salad Sandwiches, Papa Polar Bears, and Monkey Mayhem crackers.
Vivacious Veggie Face Pizza
Here’s what you’ll need to make one veggie pizza:
- 1 pita round
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped or sliced fresh vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Place pita bread on a cookie sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over pita bread.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pizza sauce.
- Form a face by arranging veggie pieces over the cheese. Use veggies that your child enjoys, and be creative. Hard veggies like carrots may be cooked slightly in advance if necessary.
- Bake at 350° for approximately ten minutes.
- Substitute a small homemade pizza crust, English muffin, flour tortilla, or sandwich thin for the pita round.
- Use any variety of vegetables your child enjoys.
Adapted from Veggie Kids
- As you and your child arrange the vegetables on the pizza, practice saying /v/–/v/–vivacious veggie together.
- Make a list of all the words you can think of that start with the sound of /v/.
- While your pizza bakes, read Pete’s a Pizza, a fun book about a dad who makes his son into a pizza.
- Download ABC Snacks: Tips for Working on Pre-Reading Skills for more teaching tips.
Want More Snacks for Letter V?
Find snacks for letter V and more with the ABC Snacks Cookbooks series that includes more than 40 snack recipes for your preschoolers!