Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and this adorable turkey snack from our ABC Snacks series is a perfectly healthy way to begin your holiday feast.
What makes it even better is that your children can help you prepare the whole thing!
This creative snack is the best kind of snack–healthy, beautiful, and delicious.
Corbin and Emma helped create the colorful turkey in our pictures, and I’m pretty sure there were a few gobble-gobbles coming from the kitchen as they worked!
This is a fun one … give it a try!
Gobble, Gobble Turkey Snack
Here’s what you’ll need to make this snack for two children:
- 1/2 cup of hummus
- 4 stalks of celery
- 2 large carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2-3 halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small olive
- Spread hummus on plate to form your turkey’s head and body.
- Cut a stalk of celery into four 4-inch pieces.
- Position 4 celery sticks to form the turkey’s tail feathers.
- Chop carrots, red and yellow peppers, and tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Fill space between tail feathers with chopped celery, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, and remaining celery.
- Position two small strips of carrot to form the turkey’s feet.
- Use carrot and pepper pieces to form the turkey’s beak and caruncle.
- Form the turkey’s eye with a small piece of olive.
Adapted from Creative Kid Snacks
When two preschoolers make a plate of veggies disappear like this, you know you’ve got a winner of a recipe!