Kids Stuck Inside? Check Out Our FREE Boredom Busters!
When you’re stuck inside with your kids—especially for an extended period of time—you probably look for activities that help combat boredom AND provide educational value at the same time. We can help! (You don’t have to use All About Reading or All About Spelling to reap the benefits of the resources featured below.)
Check Out Our Boredom Busters!
Being stuck inside might even seem fun when you start using the ideas compiled in the infographic below. In fact, if you don’t tell your child he’s learning, he might not even notice!
More FREE Teaching and Learning Resources
In addition to the ideas included on the infographic, we have LOTS of ready-to-print games and activities for you to download right now! We’ve also listed some helpful articles for teaching language arts skills and concepts. So grab a few of these resources and let the learning (and fun) begin!
Skills Review for Reading and Spelling
- Build language skills with fun games like Boggle, Headbanz, Apples to Apples Junior, and more!
- Celebrate the seasons with stories and activities from All About Reading Levels 1-4 in our winter, spring, summer, and fall reading bundles.
- Explore even more reading review activities from All About Reading Levels 1-4 with our Reading Activity Bundle.
- “Eat” some Banana Splits: a game with compound words.
- Have a Popcorn Party! with this fun spelling review game.
- Practice three-letter prefixes, simple CVC words, and more with Word Flippers.
- Practice reading and spelling words with our Drag Race Review Game.
- Check out this treasure trove of pirate-themed reading and spelling activities. Arrrr!
- Try these 19 Activities for Kinesthetic Learning for learning that sticks!
- Create some kinesthetic writing practice with these DIY Salt Trays.
- Practice the letters and letter combinations (phonograms) that make up the English language with these review games and activities: Try Not to Moo!, Swatting Phonograms, Phonogram Jungle Bingo, and Fun with Phonograms. Check out our free Phonogram Sounds App!
Reading and Spelling Teaching Tips
Please note that some of the activities listed above may need to be adapted for use with your child’s reading or spelling program.
How do you handle being stuck inside with your kids? Share in the comments below!
Would you like more free resources?
Our weekly newsletter is jam-packed with valuable information.
Fill out the form to the right to receive practical tips and advice for teaching children of all ages and abilities—including struggling learners.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Complete this short form to sign up for our weekly emails with teaching tips, articles, and great downloads! Unsubscribe at any time.